Saturday, October 10, 2009

Living in Purgatory

So far I haven't had too many problems sleeping. The couch might look totally weird, but I've even slept on that. Even though my 6 ft frame drapes off of it, it's relatively comfortable. I actually LIKE the mattress on my bed. It's firm but comfy.

But there are several problems I am quickly realizing. 1. I have a twin sheet. I have twin blanket. No matterr what the hell I do, they never stay on. The twin mattress cover is BIGGER Than the mattress so it gets pulled off while I'm sleeping! The blankets just kind of....slide off. They are interested in being tucked in one whit.

2. Then there are the plug-ins. Obviously they've designed them to be at "convenient height". Whoever decided waist high on the length side of your bed was a good idea should be SHOT. Right now that's the only plug-in I have anywhere near my bedside table so I have an extension cord plugged in, but everytime my blanket catches on the plug my clock resets to midnight. That's frustration to a new degree, lemme tell ya! Also, I had to string the cord around the top of my bed and connect the other plugs where my pillows go. You can imagine the problems THERE. One of these days I'm going to wake up with my pillow or my hair on fire or something.

Now I know that someones going to say "But aren't those beds adjustable in height?" Sure they are! Miki and the ex third roommates are set relatively high. bout halfway as high as they can go and even I have to stand on tiptoe a bit to sit on them. Mine on the other hand is as LOW as it can go, which I like, and if I adjusted it higher it would eclipse the darned plug-in entirely.

So this is a lose lose situation.

*sighs*

Regards from Purgatory,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment