Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dinamitay

Yes, I am well aware that my title is spelled wrong, and I shall assure my readers right away that it is quite deliberate :)

So this morning I am not entirely certain why I woke up. It was dark, and quiet, and it took a few minutes for me to realize that Miki was even up. I squinted into the living room, and saw a bit of light, but for the most part it was very dark. I debated about going to sleep until I realized that there were explosion sounds outside. I listened to several (while huddling under the covers) and my brow wrinkled in confusion.

What the heck?

I listened harder and realized that it was pouring down rain outside.

The explosion sounds...were they from construction? I frowned. No, today is Saturday. But still, it sounds like a bloody wrecking ball is hitting the building!

I hear another 3 Kabooms that shake the building and echo and my Yuffie wall scroll swings off the wall onto my head.

Outside the rain gets louder and several girls scream and I hear a siren from very close by.

KABOOOOOM!

Something glows from Miki's pillow and I realize her phone is going off.

"Mikiko?" I call and she emerges from the bathroom to see what's the matter. I peer at the clock and realize it's 10:30. When's the last time I slept in that long? That can't possibly be the time.

"Miki you're phone is going off. Is it raining out?"

She nods distractedly as 2 more Kabooms shake the house and I hide under the covers.

That's it, I have to see.

I put on clothes and run out to the balconey to see the entire word is gray. Almost like mist, but not quite low enough. I'm shocked to realize that things look odd because I've never seen rain fall properly before. The valley doesn't have much wind.

Another boom hits with a crackle and a rumble and more screaming of girls and I realize what's been happening:

It's a bloody thunderstorm.

WHAT THE HECK?

I don't think I've seen one of those during the day in a long time. The last time was either when I was a sophmore or junior in High School and it was super dark outside and the power went out. This was while I was IN school btw.

So yeah, there are thunderstorms here.

SCAAAARY!

Regards from Purgatory,
Monica

1 comment:

  1. heh, we get really huge thunderstorms all the time over here in england :D
    btw, 'dinamitay' is from the squirrel-thing on hoodwinked isn't it?

    ReplyDelete