Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Getting a Package

It'll be old hat to me soon. But you know what's the neatest thing in the world? Getting mail. I got excited about it while I still lived at home too, so no worries.

My boyfriend decided to send me a package not to long ago. I waited on pins and needles. I was SO EXCITED. But the day before it arrived, the whole computer system went down. So they couldn't catalog a whole days worth of packages. I got an email that Tuesday morning, waited until 4 to go get it, and skipped all the way to the Resident Service Center. Then I had to wait in line with 8 other people. About 1 in 3 got to get their package. This is the story I heard from the clerk:

"Since they couldn't process packages yesterday, they are doing those today, and 100 new packages came in today so you might not get them until tomorrow"

"But I got an email!"

"It might be processed, but it hasn't arrived hear for you to be picked up yet. Please come back tomorrow"

I heard that for almost every person in front of me, so I was prepared (disappointed, yes. but still prepared) for when the guy said "Sorry, it's not here yet." I didn't freak out like the girl in front of me. Seriously, why? She shoulda heard the story, he told it to every person in front of us! Self centered.....AHEM. So I asked "When does the sorting center close?"

"5:00"

We both glanced at the clock and it said 4:40. So I asked "Shall I come back afterwards later tonight to see if It's made it?"

He said sure, I did, and it came!

I was SO excited that I ripped it open on my way to my dorm. With every package I've received since, it's been the same. I went over for my Iliad yesterday, and Ovid today. Hopefully I should have paypal money on my card in the next few days and then I'll order Greek Comedy and Greek Tragedy.

And then, possibly after that, I'll buy a novel just to get another package in the mail :)

If I could, I'd give out my box just to get stuff! ;)

Regards from Purgatory,
Monica

3 comments:

  1. It's so fun to read your story, because unlike most books, I can hear your voice and imagine you running around with your box of present. XD
    *~Aim-s~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well after reading this, we're going to have to send you more packages aren't we? :)

    Love,
    S&A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, after reading this, we're going to have to send you more packages aren't we? :)

    Love,
    S&A

    ReplyDelete