Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Hero Returns and the Useless Cleaning Lady

So I cleaned out the bathroom yesterday. When I say clean out, I mean clean out. I got up at 8 something and cleared everything out of the bathroom, including Mikiko's stuff. Miki slept until 11, I swear.

The cleaning lady never showed up.

A week ago she told me to have everything out of the bathroom (even put up a sign) so that she could come in for deep cleaning before she went on her Christmas break. I went to all that trouble and....nada.

So of course that means that she showed up this morning. Miki really did sleep until 11 this morning. She got up super early to talk to Yuuki (at 1 around when I was going to bed...) so I don't blame her for sleeping in. But the lady spent a good 20 minutes chattering about goodness knows what (I think nuclear power plants came up) and then she asked if it was all right if she just took the garbage and replaced the TP and well....She didn't clean.

What the heck?

Well, I did get one good thing out of this. I gave her a note for maintenence crying out for help, because my heater went out again in the night. Of course it was just the living room one. Miki sleeps next to the bedroom one (lucky sod) so she had no problems.

But when the cleaning lady left she closed the bedroom door so my toes went blue even though I had a blanket....>.<

It sucked.

I can't remember when/why Miki left this morning. Or was it afternoon? But I DO know that my Hero returned at 1 :D

It was SOOOOO COOOL!

I totally expected someone else to come. But either Gentle is his building, or heaters are his thing, or he saw my room number and thought he'd check up on us....Hell. The first time he fixed the heat he came back the same day to check on us. He must like Miki and I even though she wasn't there either time :)

I got to chat with him for a while, but then he had to go find out why there wasn't ANY hot water going to that one heater (the one in the bedroom was still fine) and I mentioned that the cleaning lady had mentioned a problem downstairs so he was gone in a flash.

I love how she brought it up like it meant nothing "I went to unlock and clean the laundry room this morning and one of the hot water pipes had burst and it was flooded so of course I couldn't clean so I just shut and locked the door."

I asked if she had reported it and she said "Of course!"

But Barry still took off pretty quick :)

I had to go to my Spanish exam (which went terrible. If I get a D in that class I will be surprised) so I left a note on the door for him thanking him.

When I got back Miki was ecstatic cause she finally got to meet Barry and....*drum roll* We had heat!

YAY!

So I moved a little of my stuff today. Mostly stuff I didn't think I could hazard moving with the majority of my junk tomorrow. I'm still nervous about moving stuff, but things should go fine, I hope.

So Jocelyn and Jesus and I drove to the apartment with Mr. P and one Danny (one got flipped into the sink by accident) and set up the tank. Thank the Gods I had the presence of mind not to turn on the heater: I boiled my tank with it once >.< It's actually pretty tricky setting one of those up.

I didn't like leaving my Playstation there, but I figured it'd get crushed in the rest of the packing. So I hid it in the closet. The remodelling stuff was SUPPOSED to be out today. But there was still a paint machine thingy in the kitchen. And some dumbwad had left all the lights on which heat the place better than the heaters, I swear. But since Miki and I are paying the electricity officially starting today, I wasn't going to stand for that. AND the door was unlocked when I got there.

Oops >.< We forgot to give Alfredo the copy of our receipt of deposit for the electricity.

He's going on vacation to Mexico. FUN! Good thing we'll be gone. In theory nothing bad will happen that we'll need the manager for if we're not there either....:)

So I turned down the heat (it was a sauna) made sure the sink was dripping (pipes have been freezing all over the place) locked the patio door, turned off all the lights I could find, and then locked the front door.

You know what's lovely? Brand new door, brand new locks: The dead bold didn't turn with the key and the key was a poor fit. Greeeeaaaat.

But I moved some stuff into my new place! *cheers*

Now I need a job to pay for it *scowls*

Regards from Purgatory,
Monica

1 comment: