Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Exam Week and Superman

It's Tuesday morning and I'm rubbing my sweating palms on my pants all nervous like because I have my first exam at noon.

Miki's not here, no idea where she's at. She has two classes, I think. A presentation or something? For Children's lit. I think. She had to read 60 childrens/picture books for that. Holy Cow.

But on to other things: The Maintenance guy showed up bright and early this morning.

Mikiko woke up round 7 something 8 something and I tried my best to ignore her. I was drowsily stuffed under 6 or so blankets and I was NOT moving. I think her class started at 9:30, but I was phasing in and out and one moment she was there, the next someone was knocked and she was NOT answering.

My alarm said 8:40 which means it was closer to 8:10-8:20 and that Miki had left ridiculously early for a class again.

Which makes me admire her even more :)

The point is I knew EXACTLY who was at the door and tore through in my pajamas to answer the door before he left.

Please! HEAT! My Toes are blue! It took me two hours to warm my bed enough to sleep last night! If I cocoon up like that again I might suffocate!

He looked like an angel.

I couldn't hear the construction, oddly enough. But thank the Gods because I might've gone out there with murder on my mind if they had been the ones to wake me up....

But he had sunlight streaming in around him (dur, my door faces east. But of course I forget that...) And he had a large smile on his face as he asked "What's the problem?"

I about leaped backwards to let him in and started chattering at a million miles an hour. Quite literally because it was so cold I was literally chattering.

He grinned wryly and aimed straight for the living room heater "Yup, you have a heat problem. Since Friday? Niiiice. Guess you got lost in the mix up. Did you hear about how I fixed the Main Heater single handedly?"

Now see here, I'm not a morning person. But if you're bringing me heat I'll flipping make you coffee.

As it was, that wasn't necessary (and I didn't have any anyways) but I DID scramble about clearing stuff away from the heater telling him all he wanted to know about how one gurgled and one didn't but both had definitely been out since Friday and that it was close to 50 degrees in there and that Miki and I preferred 80 degrees.

He was pretty good company when you got used to talking around the power drill. It was nice. I was so excited I needed someone to deal with my hyperness and he seemed glad to, oddly enough. Also, Barry (my superhero) turned out to be a photographer so we chattered about that. That was nice.

Shout out to Barry "Hope you found my blog eventually!"

:D

It's not quite warm in here yet, But it's warm enough I can write a blog...So that's good, yeah?

Baaaarrrryyyyy! My Hero :)

So today is my first day of real exams. I had two papers due yesterday which I got turned in. I was awfully proud of my Literature Studies paper. But I have Lit. Studies today, Linguistics tomorrow, Spanish on Thursday, and Western Literature on Friday. Wish me luck I'll update on those on Friday.

Regards from Purgatory,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment