Friday, December 4, 2009

Apartment Hunting II

Today we saw two more apartments. Well, one house and one apartment :)

They were both pretty neat.

The apartment was really close to campus. Got onto main street, went a block down, and a block and a half over and we were there. They were called "townhouses". I think because they had two floors inside. How ironic. When I was little, everytime I was invited over to a playmates I used to ask (all excited) "Do you have two floors?!"

The place was a mess. Because of remodeling I mean. Other than that it was pretty cool. It had a terrible stove but the manager (Alfredo) said that they are replacing it with a new one. On the ground floor there is a small kitchen (but bigger than that crazy manager place's), a half bath (toilet and sink), and a good sized front room. There's even a broom closet with water heater in it. It's got a small cement patio on the north side. Good for ambient light and maybe I can put some plants out there...

Upstairs has two bedrooms. The large bedroom is bigger than I expected, and the small one was TINY! That was a check mark against the place. It had a half bath that I liked.

I think the only things that made it stand out were the brand new flooring, carpeting, tiling, paint, plumbing under sinks, and new toilets. Okay, so those are pretty good things :)

Water/Sewer/Garbage included, cheap electricity, $600 rent $650 deposit. I know, the deposit sounds steep. But you wouldn't argue either if you heard how much he quoted the new flooring at *shudders*.

The next place we saw two hours later, at 2. The guy showing it to us was late. He wasn't even the manager or landlord, he was the next door tenant renting from the same owner. Which is....weird.

The place was old. Large, but old. Two bedrooms (neither as big or small as the last), okay closets (not as big as I'd like), crappy bathroom, TWO living rooms (one with an alcove big enough for a bed) and a good sized kitchen/mudroom with washer and drier.

Water/Sewer/Garbage/ELECTRICITY Included. $630 rent, one months rent for deposit.

Miki really likes it so we might take it..... But I'm really nervous about the responsibility thing. That really REALLY freaks me out.

Why is it so hard to find a place?

So P.S. to this, last night I found a 24/7 computer lounge. I spent quite a bit of the night there and missed the band concert from my sulking. But I DID go to the Choir concert tonight. It was so bloody amazing. Miki and I dressed up (le gasp) and we trotted through the cold with scarves and gloves and used our i.d. cards to get in for free and listened...It was so good we didn't even feel the hours pass.

Ever heard of Bach's Magnificat? Well....Let's just say that I never thought 80 people singing could be any less that terrible bellowing....It was amazing. :) I'd go to another recital anyday.

Regards from Purgatory,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment