Monday, January 11, 2010

Getting Paid

So I went and saw that counselor last Tuesday. It was actually a lot of fun.

If you discount the fact that it caused me to skip out on Spanish.

I didn't do it on purpose, I swear!

What happened was that I made the appointment on Monday and I could only remember two classes for Tuesday. Writing at 10, and Literature at 2. No big deal, yeah? I wanted an appointment at 8, so they gave me one at 9.

Go figure.

So I woke up at 7:30, ate a leisurely breakfast, got going slowly...And still managed to show up at counseling early. Did the whole meeting thingy, and left for Writing.

The next morning when I showed up for Spanish everyone else had all these worksheets and it dawned on me that the only day we DON'T have Spanish is on Thursday...Bravo Monica.

Bravo.

So I used up one of my three skip for free days by bloody accident. Good show.

So the counselor was fun. If you count being told that it's likely you have ADD is fun. Well duh. I think everyone found THAT out years ago. Although I've always denied the possibility. But hey: If I wasn't diagnosed as a kid, why bother with it now? I'm 19 years old!

An old teacher recommends that I not take medication. I can roll with that. I actually have something against doctors, to be honest. So I will have no problems giving them Hell :)]

Re-filed the FAFSA. Got an email over the weekend from the loud lady saying that she had gotten it and had corrected some things (Whaaat?) and that instead of mailing my Awards Letter to me that I'd be getting an email this week to come and pick it up personally sometime this week. Well big deal: I live 3 blocks from the college. Not like the Postal System would take that long. :)

So I get my letter, and likely do loan counseling (since I can't find a job to save my life) sometime this week....

But I have other good news! I did a photoshoot this weekend and the Photographer paid me $200!

But I feel so indebted to Miki that I'm giving it to her. I'm not naive enough to think it'll cover all that I owe her. But it should at least cover my part of the Post Box (it cost $40 to get the key), this month's electricity, and maybe even a bit of the internet she's getting set up.

Gramma sent me $200 in the mail. Which I thought I needed to pay off that fee from last term before I got a deferment, but now I'm afraid to pay that fee for fear that it will cancel my deferment or something.

I have to wait to use that money anyways. My bank is giving me grief. Apparently with a new account they will put a hold on checks you try to cash. Super new it's 9 days, under three months it's 2 business days. Which means that although I tried to cash said $200 check on Friday I don't get the last $100 until this Tuesday. Which makes no sense.

My math might be rusty....But if I got a bank account on the 28th of September, wouldn't it be 3 months by now? O.o

So the check that the photog gave me is going to have a delay as well, which is annoying...And I kinda wish I could use that money to get a desk or something. Maybe furniture.

*shrugs* But I think Miki deserves it more, yeah?

Regards from Purgatory,
The ADD freak Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment