Friday, January 29, 2010

The Finish Line is NOT Supposed to Move

I feel like one of those people who says "Good News! Oh no not really."

At least I feel like that's what's being told to ME.

So the good news is that my tuition for this term is totally paid off and I have a little extra money for rent and food.

The bad news is that now I have to redo my Foodstamp form and declare the Pell Grant I received. Good thing I didn't send it. But it does mean I have to print out a new one. Do you have any idea how LONG those are? O.o Also it's going to be a pain getting to Dallas, cause I don't understand the bus system too much and it's a little spendy...I guess you mail in your form and then you make an appointment. FUN.

More bad news: I haven't gotten my loan. I have absolutely NO idea what is going on with it. I signed the Master Promissory note, it went through: I checked. I did the Loan Counseling and passed the quiz.

What more must I do?

Well I went into the Financial Aid Office (I should put a reserved sign on one of their chairs) and demanded to know what was going on. And the blasted woman gave me cow eyes and told me to sign the Promissory note. So I asked her "Well, I did that. The same bloody day I did the Loan Counseling."

She smiled, finally able to give me something. "We got your Loan Counseling, but not your Master Promissory Note. Are you sure that you signed it?"

I swear I almost leaped across the desk to strangle her.

So she sent me off to check and make sure that the information was correct. Apparently, if the info on the Promissory note doesn't exactly match what the Financial Aid office has in records then it won't match up with my file.

I've checked the note: It's ALL CORRECT.

So now I'm pissed.

Mostly because I was super proud to give Miki a check for $300 for this months rent (which is still hanging on the fridge, to my consternation) and then she immediately sat down to calculate everything else I owe her. How am I supposed to say "Hey! You should be proud I'm contributing at all! I am! I got us a couch! And t.v.! And a desk! And Food! And dishes! And pots and pans! Isn't one month a start?!"

But how am I supposed to say that? I couldn't.

So I'm waiting on pins and needles for my blasted loans so that Miki doesn't jump me when I don't have the money and makes me feel ashamed of myself. I hate that feeling. She puts up with me, supports me when I'm down, and she won't be there forever.

I want to be there and help too!

Regards from Purgatory,
Monica

P.S. Will the System NEVER stop making me jump through hoops? O.o

No comments:

Post a Comment