Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

Okay so I know this is a little late, and I'm going to make this brief for me cause you'll be getting a few posts within the next few day....(I hope)

Miki and I went home for Thanksgiving! Okay, so when we returned we realized that the little goober accidentally signed on to "stay here for the holiday" so we had messages on the door and maybe our R.A. was wondering where Miki went.....:)

Silly Mikiko.

So we headed over to Arbor Park (darn it's chilly outside!) and sat down (I paced Miki sat) at the smoke shack bench to wait for our ride. I managed to arrange a ride with an old classmate from Clatsop Community College cause she lives in Astoria and it's easy to get a ride home from there so it was nice :D

So last minute I realized I forgot Kyoshi (my beta) so we were at the bench huffing and puffing with an irate fish in a tiny cup between us thrashing about. Miki had three bags and her lappy, and I had my art portfolio (a large one) my satchel, and a laundry bag.

Because I decided last minute that it'd be more practical to take only dirty clothes home with me so that I could wash them for free and then wear them.

Later I realized that I had not packed any shirts >.< Flaw in plan will be fixed next time! :D

The trip was good. I quickly found out that any and all suggestions were not up for debate. That's what happens when you look like a 17 year old freshmen, I guess! We took the Tillamook Route. i.e. the nauseating enough to make anyone's stomach crawl out their mouth route. Not that fun. But it only took us 3 hours! That was good :) Apparently Ester's mum had run late (we didn't leave until four) because I5 had slow traffic so that's why we didn't go back that way. Fine with me :) We got home pretty darned fast.

Went out for Pizza with John and Melanie, equally fun. Mikiko does not like the veggie pizza at Pizza A'Fetta though. I'm not too terribly surprised. Went in a couple nights after and asked what was ON the vegetable pizza and apparently it changes everyday....Jake's had hot green peppers on it :) I thought he was going to die!

I didn't recognize my cat. Not one whit. And she didn't purr for me at all the entire time I was there. I'll admit though, I was a chicken and didn't take her into the basement to sleep with me. But I think that is because I am letting her go. Gramma loves and cares for her and she'd be heartbroken if I took her now. Sides, an apartment that takes pets in this town is a myth. A Total and Utter MYTH.

Bye bye Ryou-Ohki. *cries*

Grampa made the most AMAZING DINNER! And surprisingly enough I liked the turkey better than the Elk. Which is weird cause I love Venison and usually hate Turkey. Huh. *shrugs* Who knows.

He also made homemade cranberry sauce. I've never had such a beast! It was AMAZING. I wants more....*drools*

Got to share all my Drawing projects from class with the family. That is fun. I haven't really done anything more than doodle in class otherwise, but they are really impressed how much I've improved. doubtless mum will be running around bragging about me again soon. Silly woman. I Love You!!! *glomps*

Did I mention there was lots of high tempers and grumpiness in the house over dinner? Which is totally normal, I assure you. If there wasn't, I'd wonder if I was in the wrong house ;). Of course Aunt Charity showed up after the brunt of it.

It's taken me 19 long years but I've finally realized something: Gramma, Mum, and Aunt Charity ALWAYS do the dishes together after a large family dinner. It's gotta be some weird tradition cause both Jim and Grampa high-tail it out of there and I seem to remember trying to help when I was a kid and getting booted out. Some sort of weird adult/woman thing, Huh? 0.o Who knows.

Shout out to Ai! PSST! I scanned in those documents and then added them to my blog as pictures. Some I edited in Paint to block things out, and others I just scribbled with pencil :) That answer your question?

Regards from Purgatory,
Monica

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I see. I thought the image looked really professional, it was scanned in XD Makes sense now. It's been ages since I used a scanner, I miss doodling. I wish someone would have helped when I did the dishes every day at the puppy's... but then, I was the only girl and he'd get in the way not knowing what to do.... XD

    ReplyDelete