Monday, November 16, 2009

Getting that Fat Camel off My Back

So. Called my mum last week like I mentioned in that totally incomprehensible blog of mine. No, I didn't actually read it until today.

And no, I don't get it either >.<

So mum asks me if I got the package last Saturday. I didn't. But I DID get it today. After I lug the blasted heavy thing up three flights of stairs I start to wonder what the Bloody Hell is in it? O.o

I open it and the first thing I see are some Turkey Day window clings. WOOHOO! What I always wanted :) SO I go digging through the Chewy Bars (c) and find the letter. I force myself to read my Mum's letter first (I never realized how much she used me to spell for her until I left) and THEN I looked at the first of the goodies.

The first about made me have a heart attack.
The second wasn't much better, but it was a heart attack in the opposite direction.

Do you see that not so little number? Yeah, I was thinking OMG I might have CREDIT on my account! So I snap a photo, cataloged all the stuff in my care package and sip all the way to administration like a fool (okay so I walked) and went to the cashier desk with a smile and my i.d. card.

Things did NOT go as planned.

Oh sure. It was easy. Hand the lady my card, hand her my money order, and then be told I owe 97 cents or something or rather =.=

Turns out I didn't act quite fast enough and I accrued $57 in interest. Bloody Hell!

See that little circle? Yeah, that's how much I owe. And I'm all out of change so with my luck that tiny little amount is going to earn it's OWN interest and then I'll be screwed.

The good news is I can register for next term now :)

The bad news is I'll prolly be just as bad off then as I am now. BUT since I was in the same building....I went up the Financial Aid Office. I didn't even get the same lady I got the other five and a half million times I've been up there! I got some dumpy lady (she was actually quite nice) with a scowl on her face reminding me of a bulldog and made me want to run just as badly as one.

Not a good sign.

So I stuttered and handed over my i.d. card (I swear those things are like credit cards round here) and asked her if we could check on my FAFSA Awards letter to see where the Hell it was.

Well even though I turned in the correction form for my goofed up Social Security number AGES before the rest of the paper work and the other Lady had told me I was all set and my Awards Letter should arrive soon...Apparently that goof up delayed things more than I was informed and not only that but the random verification check I was selected for took even longer so I haven't even got to the point where a package is chosen for me.

Which means the Beurecrats know even less about what loans/grants/workstudy I qualify than I do.

Damn.

It'll be another couple weeks she said. *sour voice* I just can't wait.

Mikiko still wants to move out. I really wanna move out with her. If I get enough in Loans I wanna use some to get an apartment with her and get a job right away to keep up my side of the rent. It'd be pretty awesme having a kitchen and living space and a neat roomie. Even if I'd have to find another person for the summer. I'm sure I could do it though. Put up posters or something.

What do you guys think? Do you think using the Loan to get myself going would be okay? Cause if I stay on campus in the dorms the bills will stack up and I won't be able to get out and then they'll just keep getting higher...And deposit fees are crazy. I'd have to work for months to pay for that! My only problem is that if we pick out an apartment and rush to move into it I might not find "the one" that I'd want to stay in for as long as possible. Or even one that would take my cat.

Hell, does Mikiko even LIKE cats? O.o

I've never asked.

But I really wanna....so is it something I should work towards?

On another note, I hate "speak of the Devil moments". I was helping a classmate get something from the bookstore for Drawing and I was about to mention that I need to find a Dental Surgeon to get my teeth pulled and I found this:Should I go? I think I should go. I'm just hoping my college insurance will cover it. I KNOW I need my wisdom teeth pulled and my dentist would give me a referral for anywhere I wanted to go..But would this work to get my foot in the door? I have a $20 co-pay (terrible I know. But I've never had insurance before so it's nice anyways) but does my health insurance even COVER dental? O.o

I should prolly check that out first. But I'm getting super tired of teething....And also a filling I got right before school started is still giving me grief. Not even sure that's fixable. But it REALLY hurts all the time. Ugh.

So as a last bit of news, here's all that I got in my box from Mum this morning.

1 set of Thanksgiving Window Clings
1 Box of Frosted Wheats (still have the last one)
2 Neato Thanksgiving paper napkins
8 Fruit Snacks
2 Pairs of Thick Socks (yay!)
5 Chocolate Chip Chewy (c) Bars
6 Cookie 'n Cream Chewy Bars
2 Apricot Clif Bars
2 Beef Ramen Packs
2 Chicken Ramen Packs
6 Pack of Cinnamon Apple Sauce (smacks lips)
2 Boxes of Mac 'n Cheese
4 Mini Kleenex Packs
1 Strawberry Vitamin C Halls Lozenges
1 Citrus " "
1 Cherry Nyquil with VICKS
1 Cold Liquid Nite-Time
1 Orange Liquid Day-Time
1 Bottle of 50 ADVIL
1 Pack of Chocolate Striped Short Bread
1 Pack of Chocolate Chunk
12 Cans of Asstd. Chunky Soup

AWESOME MUM! XOXOXO

Regards from Purgatory,
Monica

1 comment:

  1. I believe Mikiko likes cats, she adored the ones at Kody's grandmother's place and loved Ceres picture on my cell phone. Secondly, dental cost only goes UP the longer you ignore it so get it taken care of ASAP. How did you manage to get so many valuable information saved with images? Some are digital camera... but how did you manage the one on a computer screen? That is cool, I should do that too and save documents on my hard drive for safe keeping. I like how your detail oriented :3

    ReplyDelete