Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Term is Nearing it's End, I Think >.<

I'm gonna combine a few topic today, so bear with me and cross your fingers that this entry won't be that long. All right? I'm gonna start with the serious stuff:

It's been over three weeks and my awards letter hasn't arrived yet. Not only is that distressing on it's own....I just got news about registering for next term. I have to register for classes between the 19th of November and the 22nd.

ARE THEY NUCKING FUTS? I mean SERIOUSLY?! If they expect 5000 students to register within 4 days they have another thing coming.

But then this might just be for transfer students...But I sincerely doubt it.

The good news is that when I got the email telling me about my (distressing) deadline I found out who my Advisor is. Not that I know WHO they are...But I have a name.

I actually advised with a teacher a while back to figure out which classes were important for me to take and I thought we figured it all out, and I've just realized we didn't fit Spanish in there. So I'm gonna hafta give something up for Spanish.Which sucks. We planned for 4 classes for my Major (English) and one for my minor (Fine Art) But I'll have to sacrifice one of the English thingamabobbies....Cause I think if I wait for next year to finish spanish I'll be terrible. Sides, I'm in 101 And I'm fairly certain I have to go through the 200's to graduate. Which will take both the years I'm here! Although It's looking like I might be a super senior....

Moving on. So I decided that since my deferment is going to be expiring sometime around when I'm required to register for next term anyways and since my Financial Aid awards letter isn't here yet...I'd call home. Mum had offered to help for this term ages ago but my pride got in the way.

No more! Specially since she's getting all my bills at the house anyways >.< I just can't live with the added stress of not knowing if I can continue next term. I need it resolved. Technically I only need 2/3s paid to register and attend next term, which isn't that bad. And I'm going to try to find an apartment.

Roomie anyone? *puppy dog eyes*

On another note I was going to complain about all my testing troubles. They are flaring up again. I absorb the facts and study and all that rot and fail tests left and right...It's infuriating. Although in Western Lit it's been my own damn fault the last few tests since I was never able to get The Greek Tragedy book. But I do have Comedy and that's what we're doing next so I should be fine. I'm good at reading comprehension quizes for lit classes. I'm just terrible at any other kind. So far on those I haven't gotten any worse than a D...But they are the lowest D's you can get without getting an F >.< Stupid Monica.

BUT! I have a B+ in Drawing! Mostly cause with my first project I got a C or a D (I can't recall) but on my next three I got A's! I can only get one absence (or 3 more tardies. I have 6 >.<) before it starts taking my grade down though >.< Wish me luck on my last few weeks for that!

On a cute note I randomly remembered this little rhyme my gramma used to do with me when I was little (and did disturbingly recently to me when I fell asleep on the couch without socks on...) About the five little piggies!

Anyone else remember that?

WELL! Mikiko LOVES Piggies. In fact, that's what her boyfriend calls her. And she has cute little fuzzy piggy stickers, and clips, and she made them with origami...And she is AMAZING at drawing them. They are so cute!

So I yanked off my sock (she looked so nervous it was hilarious) and I showed her the 5 little piggies rhyme. It was worth the regression to my childhood. She thought you could rhyme about anything though!!!

:D LOL

It was cute. Next time I'll have to tell her the story about the 3 little pigs and the big bad wolf, yeah?

Regards from Purgatory,

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment