Friday, August 27, 2010

Learn Something Every Day

Yeah yeah, I'll get back to the trip log (eventually. No idea why I'm being so lazy about it). But I have urgent news.

Been in this apartment for eight months, right? Learned my closest neighbors idiosyncrasies, pretty much, even though I still don't know any of their names (I'm just glad I haven't been roped into babysitting...). The two ladies on my left have guys come over that I never see. And an indiscriminate amount of children. I can't figure out whether it's two or three but I think they are between the ages of 10 and 14. Your guess is as good as mine. They are never home. I mean, like never. It's not a case of me noticing that they are gone once in a blue moon, it's me noticing that they are there once in a blue moon. And I don't mean that they are quiet: They are loud. Screaming, t.v., instrument practice, talking loudly on the patio, kids banging up and down the stairs, fights, smoke alarm going off (for a while it went off once a day. But that was in a phase where they were actually THERE every day), someone leaving the bathroom fan on better yet both fans on.

I'm kinda glad they are never there. Unadulterated noise from them would drive me nuts.

I think they come by about once a week, at this point. Lord knows why.

On the other side I have a small Mexican family. Husband (nice guy), wife (hates my guts), a toddler who runs out of the house on a regular basis but naked, and a baby that I've seen so few times that I can count on one hand. I think they used to have a cat. And the baby used to have colic, or something, he cried ALL of the time. The cat was nuts though: sounded like he was having a darned cat fight with himself in the middle of their living room. But then, he might have been underneath the complex....

The baby hardly cries anymore (thank goodness), no more crazy cat, the wife has toned down on her neuroticness (seriously, who needs five different kinds of vacuums, and who uses them at two in the morning? 0.o), but I just heard the weirdest thing:

Someone snoring loudly enough, in their living room that it was quite literally rumbling through my wall.

I could even hear it over my laptop playing music.

*facepalm*

Regards from Purgatory,

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment