Monday, March 29, 2010

There's a Conspiracy At Work, I know It.

I lost my Financial Aid, last week.

No, I am not joking.

It's taken me a few days to calm down about it to even think on it rationally, but here I am.

I suppose I can kill two birds with one stone and tell you about my final grades as well.

B+ in Business Writing!!!!! :D I'm excited. Near the end I pushed for an A (mostly cause I was desperate) but a B+ is good too.

C- in Linguistics. Not too surprised. I expected a C. The minus is a bummer. I could've done without that. I LOVE Linguistics, I just never seem to do much better than a C. It doesn't help that somehow I failed the midterm: That sucked. I studied and did homework and all that and everything!

C- in American Lit. Okay, this was dissappointing. I failed the Midterm so bad that it wasn't even an F: it was lower. But I attended every class but one, worked my butt off studying for the Final and even answered every single question but one on the final. I even answered a bunch of extra credit questions!

Thanks, Evan! You are a sweetheart for quizzing me. But either my 60 words too short essay looked like total BS (and really was, too) or that Midterm just drug everything down more than I could control. *sighs* I guess I'll live though.

And here comes the one that just doesn't surprise me one single little bit:

D+ Spanish 102

Okay, I lied. The plus surprises me a lot. But considering that everyone cept for a few outliers were failing in that class I think the teacher backpedaled and gave us all Ds. How else could she make them look different than adding pluses and minuses?

So this added up to exactly 2.0

WOOHOO!!!

This is good. This got me off of Academic Warning! And since I'm off of that, that means that I now am NOT on Academic Probation!

*cheers*

Now, I was told by the Advisor I met with, and the fine print of the email detailing what my Academic Warning meant, that if I got on probation I'd lose my Financial Aid.

Well, even more reason to NOT be, right?

So I'm doing my happy dance and I'm all excited that I dodged the bullet (I worked ridiculously hard for that stupid 2.0. It's humbling considering the uber good grades I got in Highschool and fair to middling I got at Clatsop Community College.) when I read my school email.....

And find that my Financial Aid has been taken away.

WHAAT?!

So now I have to fill out a petition. Well, more specifically I have to write a petition letter, and if it gets accepted they'll snail mail me a bunch of paperwork. I've already written the letter, But I've got to get some other paperwork to attach to it to back up my story.

I'm thinking about signing up for the Spanish Conversation class just to show that I AM working hard at grasping Spanish. But it's taught by the teacher I just escaped from...

So would that be a good idea?

The good news is: It's a one credit class so that'd make it so I'm only taking 13 credits. That's good, yeah?

Regards from Purgatory,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment