Friday, March 12, 2010

Sometimes I Wonder

The most ridiculous thing ever happened just now: The fire alarm went off.

And I don't mean a test run to test and see how fast we got out of the building (evidently not very). I mean there was security outside shouting in puzzlement into their walkie talkies and the safety patrol came speeding to the Werner center with their lights on...

So obviously it wasn't a drill. But evidently it wasn't a fire either, because we were just allowed back into the building.

Btw? It is bloody cold outside! We didn't stand the requisite 100 meters from the building because the wind was WAY too bad and we needed a breaker. There was a surprisingly few amount of ppl in the Werner Center, but then it's Friday after all.

Of course, this happened the moment I was in the computer lab and I was actually getting something typed for once.

What is that law again? Oh yeah, Murphy's.

Also, there's a Caesar Chavez Convention or something or rather going on today. Evidently that means the campus is being flooded with several hundred Mexicans. I have no problems with that, really. It's just....The majority of our campus are whites, or Chinese. I think I've seen a grand total about 5 Mexicans since I've gotten here (students anyways) so it's a little bit of a shock.

Who's Caesar Chavez? Did he do something important?

Did a kid pull the fire alarm?

Who know! But I'm back inside, and back to work, and if I'm lucky the Tsunami bell won't go off next. Oh yeah, I don't live next to the ocean anymore! WOOHOO!

That just means we'll have an earthquake or something :D

Regards from Purgatory,
Monica

1 comment:

  1. Ceasar Chaves was a human rights advocate, mostly for peasant workers. He's big among both legal and illegal immigrants. Which means he drove the GOP nuts.

    ReplyDelete