Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's a Miracle

The most amazing thing has happened!

Since I've moved here, the Jehovah's Witness must've knocked on my door ten times. But almost every single darned time they look at me and say "Oh. YOU'RE not hispanic. Estupido." and then like, leave.

But this morning, I responded automatically "Buenos Dias!" and even though I could barely understand his darned accent, and have no exactly what exactly he was saying (besides something about "his name", is this important?" I smiled, said thank you, and took my very first Jehovah's Witness pamphlet (you know, the ones with the pretty pictures) in Spanish.

Silly, I know. But I realized a few days ago that even though it would've cost me lots of money and lots of time I REALLY should've signed up for Spanish class this summer, if only to get in the practice. So if I'm lucky, they'll put me on their door to door list, (or more likely I'll keep having lost people knock on my door expecting a Mexican, I suspect the last tenant here was Mexicano....) and maybe I can brush up on my poor dusty language :D

Adios,

Monica

1 comment:

  1. JAJAJA!!! Monica, este es muy divertido. Pero, proximo vez, los envias a mi apartmento! XD

    ReplyDelete